The Leader 4 Torridge and North Devon programme has now closed
However, we are already looking ahead to the next LEADER programme, which we hope to start in January 2015.
We have been awarded 'transition' funding by Defra in order to help us consult on and prepare a new Local Development Strategy for 2015-2020. This strategy will be developed with local people, communities, groups and businesses and it will set out the priorities for Torridge and North Devon, focussing particularly on actions that will bring about economic benefits to our area.
The broad areas that the next LEADER programme will be able to support have already been set at the national level and it will be under these key themes that our local strategy will be developed:
- Support for micro/small enterprise and farm diversification
- Support for increasing farm productivity
- Support for increasing forestry productivity
- Support for rural tourism
- Provision of rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
In order to get the Local Development Strategy 'right' we want to get the views of as many individuals, rural networks, local businesses, community groups and public bodies as possible. We will achieve this through:
- A programme of consultation with stakeholder organisations and individuals
- Consultation workshops and meetings
- The use of online surveys to identify the needs of businesses and individuals
Watch this space for news and dates, but in the meantime, contact us if you would like to be involved and have your say!
Leader 4 Torridge and North Devon distributed £3.628 million in grants to provide project funding and development support to improve the economy, environment and quality of life in rural areas. This programme was funded by a European grant from the Common Agricultural Policy and by Defra.